I finally completed the January table runner from Maria Peagler's Color of the Month. It's been a while since I've done any quilting so my precision is not as precise as I would like ...I guess that means I have plenty of room for improvement :)
I had a difficult time choosing my fabrics ...again room for improvement. I think it looks a bit of a mish mash of black and white.
The quilting turned out so so ...I used a walking foot for the straight quilting but I didn't have a foot for freehand quilting around the tree so I just did my best. I used a polyester batt that I had laying around ...I think it would have looked better if I had used cotton.
I'm hoping to do better with February's table runner ...maybe even have 12.5 blocks that actually measure 12.5!!
This is my next project. I bought the book and fabrics at least 5 years ago and it has sat patiently waiting for me to start sewing again.
Let's hope for a nice 1/4 seam throughout!!
Antiques Browsing in Madison, GA
11 hours ago