Sunday, July 11, 2010

Amy's Simple Sampler Week 3

Well just in the nick of time I finished this weeks blocks. Amy's instructions are so clear and her tips are making such a difference in my quilting.

The first block is Two by Three and used strip piecing. I have had many failed attempts with this before ..I think due to my cutting but this was much better.



Next was a Snowball Variation which used half square triangles. Again, Amy's directions were fantastic and her instructions on squaring the blocks up was so clear. I have a 1/4" seam allowance along the edges of the block which sometime alludes me.



Here are my six blocks so far.



So far all my blocks measure 12.5"!!!

Click on the button to the right and check out Amy's quilt along ...I'm beginning to feel that I may actually become a quilter one day.

5 comments:

SheilaC said...

Great Job Pam! Your blocks look fantastic!

SheilaC

Molly said...

These blocks look great! I just love your fabric. I think this is a great summer project.

Anonymous said...

Your blocks are all so pretty. I love how your quilt is turning out.

Barb said...

Oh...I like those and your blocks are going together so well.

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Looks nice!!!